How to prevent mold damage in precision machining?
With the continuous development of industry, we can know the rapid development of various industries, then in the use of the time, there may cause certain damage, possibly because we are in the use of the time caused, but also may be caused by the time of processing, then how to prevent mold damage? Here we come together to understand it!
- Good casting structure design
Casting wall thickness as uniform as possible to avoid thermal joints, in order to reduce the mold local heat concentration generated by thermal fatigue. The corner of the casting should have a proper casting rounding to avoid the stress caused by the sharp corner bit on the mold.
- Reasonable mold structure design
(1) The components in the mold should have sufficient stiffness and strength to withstand the pressure without deformation. The wall thickness of the mold should be sufficient to reduce deformation.
(2) The design of the pouring system should reduce the impact and erosion of the core as much as possible.
(3) Correctly select the tolerance fit and surface roughness of each component.
(4) Keep the mold thermal balance.
3.Standardize heat treatment process
Heat treatment can change the metallographic organization of the material to ensure the necessary strength, hardness, high temperature dimensional stability, thermal fatigue resistance and material cutting properties.